Monday, January 17, 2011

All the Fat Kids on the Bus

It's about time I started a blog. I've been doing a bit of writing recently, and wanted another outlet for the things I really love most in life: food and drink. Chances are, if you're reading this blog and this post, you have already listened to me rant about something, anything that catches my eye and pleases my palate. In the hopes that Fat Kid Field Trip actually catches on, here are a few things the rest of you should know:

  1. I stole this blog title from Eddie Spaghetti who wanted to know the next time I went "on a fat kid field trip" so he could come along. Thanks for allowing me to plagiarize your genius.
  2. I'm pretty much right about everything, especially things where I think I am well informed. Don't fight it.
  3. There isn't really any purpose for this blog other than for me to tell you how much I love being a fat kid at heart. Left to my own devices I'd be about 300lbs. Luckily vanity, a hate for packaged/processed/fast foods, and occasional trips to the gym keeps me from getting too much meat on these bones.
  4. I am horrible at creating recipes. If you read this blog to get ideas, and not exact proportions, times, or  measurements you will be fine. The rest of you just need to give it up and learn to cook with your senses rather than reading abilities. I will only get specific when I'm mixing cocktails.
  5. Mixology is my new thing. Expect to see a lot here about random drinks or my love for brown liquors and gin.
  6. I will do everything in my power to make sure there will not be a vegan/vegetarian dish or menu on this blog.
  7. Jamon Iberico and Pancetta are the two greatest things on planet earth. If you disagree, reread point two, and then never read my blog again.
 -Dutch

3 comments:

  1. Aww I already love it. And cant wait to fight with you.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't you going to open a food truck called Fat Kid Field Trip housed in a school bus?

    ReplyDelete